Most of these agencies “accredit” diploma mills or degree mills
Consumers Beware: NONE of these accrediting agencies are recognized as college accreditors in the U.S. by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation or the U.S. Department of Education. As such, colleges claiming “accreditation” by these agencies are not accepted as valid providers of online degrees and should be approached with great caution if college credibility is important to you.
Remember, most diploma mills and degree mills are accredited—but by fake or phony agencies that the degree mills themselves own and operate!
Confused about degree mills? Check out the Diploma Mill Police’s list of suspected degree mills.
Report suspected diploma mill scams.
Become a Diploma Mill Police Deputy, link up with Get Educated on Facebook or Twitter, and help stop degree mill scams.
- Accreditation Council for Distance Education (ACTDE)
- Accreditation Council for Online Academia (ACOHE)
- Accreditation Panel for Online Colleges and Universities (APTEC)
- Accrediting Commission International (ACI)
- American Accrediting Association of Theological Institutions
- American Council of Private Colleges and Universities
- American Association of Drugless Practitioners (ADP)
- Association of Accredited Bible Schools
- Association of Distance Learning Programs (ADLP)
- Association of Private Colleges and Universities
- Association for Online Academic Accreditation
- Association for Online Excellence
- Association for Online Academic Excellence
- Board of Online Universities Accreditation (BOUA)
- Central American Council of Accreditation (CACA)
- Council for Distance Education
- Council of Online Higher Education
- Central States Consortium of Colleges & Schools
- Distance and Online Universities Accreditation Council (DOUAC)
- Distance Learning International Accreditation Association (DEIAA)
- Distance Learning Quality Assurance Agency (DLQAA)
- Global Accreditation Bureau (GAB)
- Global Accredited Council for Business Association (GACBA)
- Global Accreditation Commission for Distance Education (GACDE)
- Global Accreditation Council for Online Academia
- International Commission for Higher Education
- International Accreditation Agency for Online Universities (IAAOU)
- International Accreditation Association for Online Education (IAAFOE)
- International Accreditation Commission (IAC)
- International Association Council of Engineering Professionals (IACEP)
- International Accreditation Commission for Online Universities (IACOU) (Kingston)
- International Accreditation Commission for Online Educational Institutions (IACOEI)
- International Accreditation Organization (IAO)
- International Council on Education (ICE)
- International Education Ministry Accreditation Association
- International Online Education Accrediting Board (IOEAB)
- National Academic Higher Education Agency (NACHE)
- National Academy of Higher Education
- National Accreditation and Certification Board (NACB)
- National Board of Education (NBOE)
- National College Accreditation Council (NCAC)
- National Commission of Accredited Schools (NCAS)
- National Distance Learning Accreditation Council (NDLAC)
- New Millennium Accrediting Partnership for Educators Worldwide
- Organization for Online Learning Accreditation (OKOLA)
- Transworld Accrediting Commission Intl. (TAC)
- United Christian College Accreditation Association (UCCAA) (Divine Heart)
- United Nations Council
- United States Distance Education & Training Council of Nevada (NOTE: A similarly titled agency, the Distance Education & Training Council (DETC), of Washington, D.C., is a VALID and RECOGNIZED online learning accreditation agency.)
- Universal Accreditation Council (UAC)
- Universal Council for Online Education Accreditation (UCOEA)
- World Association for Online Education (WAOE)**
- World Association of Universities and Colleges (WAUC)
- World Online Education Accrediting Commission (WOEAC)
- World-Wide Accreditation Commission of Christian Educational Institutions (WWAC)
- Worldwide Higher Education Accreditation Society (WHEAS)
WAOE is a real, esteemed professional agency for educators. It is a discussion group of teachers who are experimenting with computer-mediated methods of teaching in their own schools, colleges and universities around the world. WAOE does not condone the use of its name as an accrediting agency by any online college.
Any online college using the WAOE name as a college accrediting agency does so without the consent of WAOE and is in contradiction to the organization’s mission. For more on the WAOE and its valuable mission uniting educators involved in computer-mediated education, visit WAOE online.
Degree Mill Resources:
Pug Dog Earns Online MBA in Rochville University Scam
Do Real Accredited Universities Offer Life Experience Degrees?
Diploma Mill or Real Online Degree? 10 Ways to Spot the Fake
Online College Degree Mills: How Prevalent Are They?
Regionally Accredited Online Colleges vs. Nationally Accredited
Cat Earns College Work Experience Degree Online